Thread: Engine 850: B5204S/2.0/20v: - PCV 5/8 Heater host Kinks
View Single Post
Old Jul 8th, 2021, 22:32   #7
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Bob's copper method would go... I've never read anything he writes that doesn't stand-up - I went thus...

Mine's vastly tighter than anything most of you will have... I've factory-fit Bi-Fuel injectors in that space too. See pix (see the 'mushroom' shapes ). I used a proper barbed hose-tail elbow, the plastic stuff is too bulky for my space, and shuts-down the pipe anyways.

I put brass, straight from the box. And yes, For chissakes use 5/8 16mm fuel-hose. Make sure you're not using heater-hose, it'll go like custard.

As for the 4-5mm small-bore section, I took that round the front ( clipped to the rad) in 8mm pipe, And then - at the throttle-body end, threw in a 8mm hose-take-off fitting to keep the 'flow' up to par. This'll increase the flow, and you can get 'at' it.

On my 1999 NA car I removed the 'orrible 'orrible... restrictive plastic elbow that Tees into the large air intake hose, and replaced with a brass Female 1/2" BSP brass plumbing-fitting with a 16mm 5/8" hose-tail/barb..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CNG Injectors & Inlet Manifold.jpg (127.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 90 Degree Elbow Hose Joiner Barbed.jpg (66.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: png Hose Take-off Volvo V70 PCV.png (327.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Barb.jpg (139.5 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jul 8th, 2021 at 23:43.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post: