View Single Post
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 18:14   #12
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooch84 View Post
I did the audio sweep in my daily driver and this is the result. A slight difference in set-up is that I used an external sound card to generate the sound.

This the Volvo. There is a slight tweak to this, I set the Subwoofer phase to "normal" from reverse, this has seemed to help the 76hz area, but as you can see below a there's been a drop before that too.

The next step will be door cards to sort out the dips at 450hz and ~1.2-1.3khz.
Excellent results from your other car, really shows it's not the microphone at fault!

I think the 7/9xx models have probably got a lot of "dead spots" in the audio response simply because of the design of the car.

Think i mentioned this further up but i have two very similar head units one in each car. The other is a saloon with a huge boot and (admittedly i have an amp for the rear speakers) parcel shelf mounted speakers, front door speakers mounted low in the doors but the difference in sound quality is surprising - muffled in the Volvo but crisp and sharpp in my other beast. I use my phone to store my music so the sound source is identical.

Your experiemnts have proved what i thought i was hearing!

Hope you find a way to boost the fequencies you're after and get some decent sound from your 940!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: