Thread: 760 cr702
View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2022, 13:11   #14
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwinchester View Post
Just finished it over my lunch break...all sorted. Bought a used Sony head unit, do you know what, it sounds incredible, all for the all-in cost including fittings of £14!
Good to hear you're all sorted now, it's surprising how much difference a modern head unit makes! Volvos speakers weren't too bad as far as OE fit goes, i've seen worse (but also better) and tend to last a bit longer than many competitors OE fit speakers.

They can be replaced with 130mm speakers but it's advisable to use a bespke speaker mounting ring for them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324541107136

There was a UK listing for them but can't seem to find it lately. Volvo didn't use the "one hole in each corner of a square" approach, instead using a rectangle as the plan for the corners.

You did better than me on cost, my used JVC plus handsfree mic (lost by the previous owner of the head unit) and other bits came to ~£41 but either way i'm happy with mine - just need to rig up steering wheel remote controls now!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: