Thread: 240 General: - The Rustberg
View Single Post
Old Apr 2nd, 2024, 23:32   #49
volvo always
Premier Member

I have been following on youtube.

At least the engine isn't toast. I think most on here would of scrapped it. I haven't the space, time and quite possibly the skills to weld. Had a 1989 240GLT auto estate and that was getting holy and crusty again in areas.

I sold it and moved on to a 1996 940 LPT. Will need battery tray area sometime but passes MOT's atm.

I'm so glad that you have the skills to restore and keeping history alive.

My grandparents had a brown 244 and my Dad had one too. Went out in my Dads, as a 12 year old and my Dad double parked outside the spar shop in Ledbury, visiting some friends of his.
The chap in the new Mercedes came out of the spar shop and got in and while my Dad was in the shop the person parked behind the Merc had gone. My dad came out shortly after and jumped in and started the Volvo up but the merc driver did the same, and no idea why but instead of reversing straight back or letting my Dad go, reversed with some left lock and reversed his front wing/bumper straight down the side of my dads 244. Dad and me got out and not a mark on the Volvo. Merc bumper ripped off on one side and cracked. Dad kicking it back into place when the Merc chaps wife came out asking what my Dad had done to their Merc! Explained and off we went.

Dad much later had an early 244 with B23A engine in a light blue colour. Loved that car, so clean and tidy Sold as too expensive to run after 4 months in the mid 90's.

My Nans brown 244 used to blow smoke on start up but was a very comfy place as a 10 year old. Sold it for more than we bought it a year later as needed a 4WD. Bought a Subaru Bratt, Subaru 1600 MK1 and 1800.
volvo always is offline   Reply With Quote