View Single Post
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 09:40   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoRob38 View Post
Hi Clan, it could all well be original y'know. Ive only had the car a few years, and one of those was mainly lockdown so not used.
I bought it with service history but I haven't got it serviced myself. I just do bits myself as and when. The guy at volvo did say to me 10 years or 90k, whichever comes first. Its an 09 plate so over 10 years, but only on 69k. I was only a few bolts away from the cam belt today and did think I could've done it at the same time as the aux. But undoing the engine mount and supporting the engine put me off. I will have to get onto it soon.

Where is the rubber damper on the crankshaft pully, is it under the bolt? Like a rubber washer?
Could it be the pully that I can hear squeaking do you think?
That pully should be easy enough to change shouldn't it? Just take the tension off the tensioner and remove the belt, replace pully?
The crank pulley is in 2 parts with a rubber bonded in between to damp oy vibrations ,
If i were you i would get all the belts and pulleys and crankshaft pulley replaced with Genuine Volvo Parts as they are well over due.
The cambelt change interval is 150,000 miles or ten years , the 90,000 interval is for the later D2 .
Its very important to have these engines serviced correctly with the correct oil and fuel filter or the oil turns to sludge and will eventually ruin the engine ..It happens all the time with neglected Citroen vans which use the same engine.