View Single Post
Old Sep 26th, 2021, 22:22   #6
VolvoRob38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
It looks like your crankshaft pulley rubber damper is breaking up see all the red rust dust around it ...
the pulley nut looks like it has never been disturbed , do you have it serviced properly? cambelt and aux belt should be changed every 10 years or 150,000 miles which ever comes first . a properly serviced car will never have a belt in that state you mentioned , I reckon its all original .
Hi Clan, it could all well be original y'know. Ive only had the car a few years, and one of those was mainly lockdown so not used.
I bought it with service history but I haven't got it serviced myself. I just do bits myself as and when. The guy at volvo did say to me 10 years or 90k, whichever comes first. Its an 09 plate so over 10 years, but only on 69k. I was only a few bolts away from the cam belt today and did think I could've done it at the same time as the aux. But undoing the engine mount and supporting the engine put me off. I will have to get onto it soon.

Where is the rubber damper on the crankshaft pully, is it under the bolt? Like a rubber washer?
Could it be the pully that I can hear squeaking do you think?
That pully should be easy enough to change shouldn't it? Just take the tension off the tensioner and remove the belt, replace pully?