View Single Post
Old Sep 26th, 2021, 18:27   #4
VolvoRob38

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
11.something when the engine is running + hot as hell = goosed

I see what your thining "belt slipping not driving it properly = low voltage output"
sadly that isnt the case, esp when you add in the "bloomin hot"
its goosed,
sounds like the belt is goosed as well
so good call on belt + alternator + tensioning pulley replacement

take the goosed one back to the factors and get the exchange £ off it
Cheers Andy...

Yep, all done now and Im getting 14+v with engine running, so was defo the right thing to do 👍🏼.

There is still a squeak noise coming from somewhere that I thought would go once I change the belt, but it's still there, like an old fan belt noise I used to get on an old car. But I dont think these have fan belts do they?

If I have an undiagnosed issue still with the alarm battery, im guessing once I charge this battery up a bit by going for a long drive, then then check the voltage when I get back, with the engine off. Then if I dont end up using it for another week as per, and check the voltage again before using it... if it has dropped significantly then might be cause to look into the alarm battery. Because if the alarm battery is OK then surely my main battery voltage shouldn't really drop, should it?

Im going to change my oil tomorrow as well while everything is accessible. I just want to check, in the pics Ive attached, that is my oil tank there isnt it? And I drain off by undoing that nut in the bottom?

Also, dont suppose you or anyone has any idea how to manually lock the boot on a C30 do you? Ive not used the central locking / alarm yet until I take it for a long drive to charge it up a bit, so have locked the doors with the manual key... but cant seem to lock the boot as its all electric, no key hole! Nothing on Google either. Design floor!?

Cheers
Rob 🙃
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210926_171733_600x800.jpg (101.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 20210926_171739_600x800.jpg (386.1 KB, 21 views)