Thread: General: 140: - Purchasing a 144
View Single Post
Old Feb 12th, 2022, 09:10   #21
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

If the 144 is as good as they say and has never been welded which not too sure about as has been resprayed and looks like there is filler at the rear but if it is I don’t think it’s a daily car. In the nice weather yeah but with U.K. winters being wetter than ever and roads full of salt the old girl would deteriorate very quickly.

A guy I know in Devon, his son runs a automatic 144 daily as a student but his dad has owned 140s since he went to uni and has a collection of them with spare cars etc.

A 140 in good order will have no problem keeping up with modern cars. Mine will do 100mph, will pull nicely if I want to pass at 60 or 70mph. Mine has a overhauled engine and is slightly upgraded, suspension overhauled with geometry spot on and brakes overhauled so she drives lovely and I use it as a daily in the nicer months and is a joy. But it’s not a automatic. Doing the above doesn’t come cheap and takes time as well but it’s all stuff a home mechanic can do. A 140 is as capable as a early 240 in reality, not much between them.

Last edited by Burdekin; Feb 12th, 2022 at 09:14.
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Burdekin For This Useful Post: