Thread: Brakes: - Reversing - brakes stuck?
View Single Post
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 14:11   #1
undercoverxc90

Default Reversing - brakes stuck?

Hi guys

I have recently bought a 2004 XC90 T6 SE from a colleague at work with 55k on the clock - I can honestly say it is the best car I have ever owned and we are very happy with it. I had an 'Essential Service' from Volvo last week (an oil change and a health check) and was advised I needed new rear pads, which I had done at the same time.

I've noticed a couple of dubious noises when reversing from cold, but today I had real troubles reversing from my driveway - it was 'trying' to reverse, so I don't think it is a transmission thing - but it felt like the brakes were on. It rolled a very short distance ( maybe quarter/half a wheel turn ) before the brakes really kicked in. It's hard to tell, but it 'felt' like the rear driver side wheel - I reapplied/removed the parking brake a few times, and went forward a little, reversed a little a few times and was able to eventually reverse properly.

I'm concerned that it will do this to me when I don't have the space to go forward first, and would appreciate it if anyone has some advice for me.

It is due in for its MOT tomorrow ( at an independent ) so will ask them - especially if it 'sticks' again in the morning, but any 'real life' experiences would be much appreciated from the forum!

Best regards

Mike
undercoverxc90 is offline   Reply With Quote