Thread: Amazon: - Brakes how bad are they
View Single Post
Old Oct 3rd, 2021, 12:39   #16
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

[QUOTE=norustplease;2775032]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
Laird Scooby;2771430]It's irrelevant whether it's single circuit, dual circuit, dual circuit with additional diagonal split in the event of one circuit failure to ensure both front brakes still operate, with or without ABS, the servo only increases the pressure into the master cylinder from the pedal.[/I]

Only just reading this. I thought that add on aftermarket boosters were fitted between the master cylinder and the rest of the system. So the effort into the master cylinder is the same as it was before assistance, but it is magnified into the wheel cylinders.
I've not seen anything like that and to be honest, i'm glad. Fitting a booster after the master cylinder could cause an imbalance across the various different circuits (if more than a single line) so it would make more sense to fit the booster on the master cylinder to increase the input pressure from the brake pedal. That way all lines get the same amount of increase.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote