View Single Post
Old Oct 24th, 2021, 01:10   #5
concrete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Also worth checking the charging voltage, alternatoer belt tightness and condition, engine (near starter) earth and battery earth to body and starter connections. From the symptoms described so far it sounds like a bad earth somewhere to me.
A bit late replying as I’ve just been so busy. Had a couple of chilly mornings and it’s been more sluggish from cold, but it got hot on a long journey the other day and even after fifteen minutes parked up it was really sluggish and wouldn’t turn over fast enough to start. I lifted the bonnet and left it another fifteen minutes and low and behold it turned over ok and started.

Just not had chance to take it to my mate, but another mate next to where I work put his tester on the battery today and that tested ok (the green light is also showing on the battery) He got me to start it and the alternator is charging just fine. He thinks it’s probably starter motor, but I’m wondering whether to try secondary earths first. Connections appear perfectly ok, in fact no signs of corrosion at all. I don’t mind chucking another starter on it, as they aren’t that expensive and it would rule another thing out.

Last edited by concrete; Oct 24th, 2021 at 01:14.
concrete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to concrete For This Useful Post: