Thread: Direnza springs
View Single Post
Old Mar 13th, 2024, 13:51   #12
Juular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Kwas View Post
Juular;

I'm of exactly the same position you stated...I don't want a bone-jarring go-cart (no suspension) ride quality either...but I wanted to minimize the body-roll to something less than feeling like I was going to grind away the door handles any moment...

I have found fitting front and rear Anti-Sway Bars (1 1/8" F, 3/4" R from IPD), plus gas shocks, plus 70 Series tires, but leaving the stock springs (I wasn't ready to make that commitment!) gave me just that ride quality improvement and change I was looking for, and am happy with...only somewhat changed, but better straight-line ride, but vastly improved in cornering/instant lane-change/moose-test handling performance...I love it on my own cars, would highly recommend it, and have it on both 122 and 1800 (and past 140) cars...so contrary to many who make the commitment and change springs as one of the first things they change (sometimes to ridiculous levels to that the car can't run over a painted line without bottoming out!), I would recommend going with such mods first, then, if you want further and even more radical improvement (at the cost of having to possibly needing to have your teeth fillings reset by your dentist after you drive a potholed road...after all you and your car must live in the real world...you don't sound like you're wanting to build an autocross car here), you still have the option to change springs in the future...such are my findings and opinion!

Cheers
Tremendously helpful post!

This is exactly what I'm aiming for - to improve the moose test handling. I find frequently that I can't quite bring myself to 'flick' the steering in the way that I can with many of my other cars, because I know it will really upset the balance and I'll have to catch it before it becomes squirrely. It also takes quite a long time to respond, to the extent that it feels almost under-steery.

The problem then becomes where to source these bars in the UK? I currently' cant find them anywhere.

What I do have is a spare front ARB. I've heard success stories of doubling these up for the same effect?
Juular is offline   Reply With Quote