Thread: Steering: - Scary XC60 Polestar
View Single Post
Old Jul 20th, 2022, 22:02   #6
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by heskuna View Post
Thanks for the prompt replies. Since buying the car last June I haven't seen another one so expected a wait! The car is not yet 2 years old so would be surprised if age is a problem. It has only done 23k miles. The tyres are Pirelli PZero's, the same as the factory fit versions.

I thought torque steer tended to pull one way but, as you say, camber may play a part. I had an MB E55 with similar performance and I always felt in control. Admittedly that was rear wheel drive. In this car it feels dangerous unless you take great care. It feels as if Volvo wouldn't be careless so something is not right. I assume they test their polestar versions. When I can find a tyre place that can track 22in wheels I'll get it checked out, just in case.

Kingmunky - every time it happens I vow not to do it again but....
Sorry I assumed it was an older one, the trick with big heavy Volvo's is to feather the power in because they have a bit of a turbo lag that once overcome you get the whole power band in one go which can take you by surprise, you'll adjust to it once you know how to feel for it.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote