Thread: 240 General: - Is my 240 odd?
View Single Post
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 22:47   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielanthelions View Post
Hello,
I am sorry for my lack of understanding in my first post here and thanks for letting me join, but I have a 240gl 200e 5 speed, registered in 1990, but it is k tonic injection?
I thought this sort of injection was replaced in 1984?
This is causing me problems as the wiring diagrams available for 90/89 just don't seem to match it and the closest I've found that does is for the GLT from 1984.
I have an issue of the fuel pump cables and relay get really hot, i have a new fuel pump both main and in tank replaced, plus the fuel filters, but it still doesn't feel like there is enough fuel pressure as it barley starts?
I hope you can help or know why this model doesn't match.
thanks,
Your car was the year they changed over from K jetronic to electronic fuel injection . It is probably a 1989 model year ... so have a look at a 1989 wiring diagram, fuel pressure checks require the volvo fuel pressure gauge and pipes and adapters and a 2 way tap ., a general purpose K jetronic fuel pressure gauge kit may have those included .

Initial starting uses a separate injector on the inlet manifold controlled by a thermal time switch on the back of the cylinder block . as soon as you let go of the starter key the cold start injector cuts off .