View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 20:10   #4
duke1
mad mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280E View Post
Well, as I unexpectedly had to move the car out of the way I just put everything back together again

Some good news - the rubber glove was sucked a little into the oil filler, so the PCV system may not be too bad, and certainly not in itself responsible for the seal weepage.
hi bud the camshaft seals ime leak eventually as they go hard and brittle certainly in my own 850 se with b5252s engine that was the case but yes if the pcv becomes entirely blocked then there is a resultant rise in crankcase pressure and it has to go somewhere and will take the weakest point to exit and being as you have some oily mess inside the cambelt cover other than the front pulley seal theres only the cam seals i believe that can leak to inside the cover,the seals were easy enough to remove with the correct tool a type of pick thing i got from local car shop for a fiver.
be careful when purchasing the seals as theres some i seen supposed to be correct size as in they fit the hole but are not the same thickness as original infact nearly 2mm so the lip that seals ends up sitting different place now this may or maybe not be a problem but i thought better not to chance it and sent them back and ordered from a german supplier which was correct,ebay sellers no little and care even less ime and will happily say yes thats the right one even when its not because they rarely bother checking,good luck