View Single Post
Old Jan 7th, 2022, 22:10   #478
MartyButler

Have my 2014 XC60 D5 AWD manual now for nearly 4 years.
Really like the car and it ticks all of the boxes I ask for in a car, I live in the country so the ground clearance is great, good for towing a trailer (1st is a nice low gear) Leather seats is great with 3 kids, Heated windscreen and seats are brilliant for this time of year.
As for problems, I have done 45,000 miles in it and the car has 132,000 miles (a vet had it before me) like all cars even if its only servicing things have to be done and I am lucky enough to enjoy doing them.
Done most things in the last 4 years, shocks, brakes, timing belt etc but I would class these as wearing parts.
Have done 2 sensors in the last 2 months Rear wheel sensor in Nov and Fuel Vol Control sensor in Dec hadn't done one up till then and hopefully that's it.
Driving over 30 years and have had Fords, VW's, Audis and BMWs and am really impressed by what you get with Volvo in terms of build quality and level of spec.

Just as a note if you have an AWD car please don't forget to service the Haldex unit, it is often overlooked.
MartyButler is offline   Reply With Quote