View Single Post
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 08:41   #8
dcw
VOC Member

Have to agree, I'm afraid.

Don't take this the wrong way - just a bit of friendly advice for you to take or leave - but looking at the rust on the rear arches it is far worse than my 480 had when I sold her. My guess would be that in-depth examination will reveal some serious rusting on the inner arch seams and probably across the rear of the car in general.

Unfortunately the 400 series were all the same for it and anyone knowing these cars (I've had several 480s myself) knows exactly what to look for...

Equally, it is clearly the base model, and even things like rear speakers/covers are missing. A 440 Turbo, or maybe GLT, may one day become a future classic, although the market suggests only the 480 might ever make that grade - and the jury is still very much out even on that. I suspect a base model 440 would need to be absolutely immaculate in every way to be of similar potential interest.

Obviously, I hope you can get as much as you like for it - doubtless it is a good reliable car as by and large they were (much underrated throughout their lives, in my view). I suspect, though, that if you do want it sold you are looking at about a third of what you seek.

Good luck with the sale though!

David
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcw For This Useful Post: