View Single Post
Old Jun 27th, 2022, 23:01   #43
lat002
Les

Smile DPF Regeneration. Instrumentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnineT View Post
You can intercept it before it goes into a regen, next time you get to 80% try my method and monitor it, 50 mph or lower, low gear, motorway, inside lane, late at night is best and hold it to 2500-3000 rpm for ten mins and report back if the soot level dropped, I've no real way of confirming my method works but I never blocked my Insignia one in 9 years of ownership, my mate however blocked his on a brand new one after 3 weeks.
I've been monitoring my soot levels when I think they're getting above 80%, since the oil overfilled and Volvo oil change (under warranty) last year. In all that time the car has never initiated a regeneration until the soot level has got to 100%. This is different to what others on this forum have reported for their cars on older threads. I'm guessing that Volvo have decided in their wisdom this is all that is needed and altered the ECM program to suit. I also find it difficult due to congestion on the roads where I live to hold the engine speed steady, which is difficult anyway with my auto gearbox. The system now seems to allow regeneration to continue at even low or fluctuating engine speeds.