View Single Post
Old Dec 17th, 2018, 18:31   #12
MaDProFF
Master Member

I assume that they started the car using a transmitter off your key that was close enough for them to get a signal, they drove the car down the road and then loaded it into something that would probably shield the gps signal, (I thought there was a sim in the car as well that could be tracked)

Once they turn the ignition off, they cannot start it again with out a key fob?

VOC does track the car and also show a journey between 2 points on a map it has covered, but I guess only when the ignition is on and moving to the point it is turned off again. (assuming you have activated it on the VOC App)

I bet there is a way to track it somehow, it certainly would be interesting to know how they have avoided it so far, unless the car has had parts removed while in transit.

Keep at it, at Police, and Volvo. Good Luck, and let us know if any news.

Regarding Faraday Pouches, if you leave key fob in the pouch does it still work as long as you are next to the car, and it is in your pocket and you can drive, suppose I am answering my own ? it would be pointless if it was so once in the pouch it completely blocks the signal???? thus annoying getting the fob in and out of the faraday pouch every time.

Last edited by MaDProFF; Dec 17th, 2018 at 18:34.
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote