View Single Post
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 18:13   #11
hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillen963 View Post
Im sorry but i do not belive they made badges for the 165 because there was never such a car!

All the 165īs are special built so to go trough the troble to make emblems just for two-three cars is unlikely.

And to educate you on the 142GT and the 144GT
There was never any such car built by Volvo.

In Sweden all the GT stuff was accesories and thats why they are so rare!
Not many people accesoriesed their car with all the stuff,maybe a few cars got most the stuff at the dealer but i would guess that almost every car got that with their probably younger second owner.

In US there was a dealer that made a few GT-cars with the emblem/badge that hinterland is looking for

I have many car/accesories-brochures for Volvo 140/164 if some1 wants to see something special!
There is also some brochures availble in PDF at the Swedish Volvo 164 Clubs page:
http://www.164club.org/broschyr/index.html

Erik in Sweden
Thanks for all the comments
I will add mine based on information I have received, but then some of that information may be wrong!
The French le break is supposed to be the french word for the wagon, coming from a horse drawn wagon of many years ago.
The 142 GT in Canada, customers were supposed to have been able to order one from the plant in Nova Scotia, and they would add the parts for you including the special 123 GT like 142 GT rear emblem. Many of the cars produced in Nova Scotia were for the Canadian market and at the time were not even allowed to be exported. that is why the 123 GT produced in Canada had the locking rear end, but no mirrors mounted on the front of the fenders, or fog lights.
I have been told the Amazon 221 fender emblem was only used in one year of production only. I have seen them on Tradera in Sweden and they usually go for a high price. Since I am a collector and have to budget my purchases, I cannot always buy a particular emblem when I see it somewhere, which can be very frustrating sometimes! However it does force me to do extensive searches for emblems and sometime I find emblems listed obscurely. I got one of my NOS 142 GT fender emblems for Europe once for 5 Euros, which is probably one of my best buys.
I have checked many sites looking for the more rare 200 series emblems, many have them listed, but when you inquire, they say none available from the supplier.
I have tried the classic site in Sweden you mentioned in a previous message, but when I put in the emblem number, like for the rear 264 TE emblem, no results are produced.
If you have seeking any emblem in particular, I do have extra ones from sets that I have bought maybe we could trade some, as I do have a extra 1975 164 E rear emblem, for like maybe a gold Volvo amazon 58 fender emblem.
I do have a few very rare emblems like a P1900 dash radio inset emblem, and a 264 TE rear emblem, 1980 style with the silver 264 and the TE in gold colour.
On the 165 there was one apparently built by Volvo in Sweden for one of its then Presidents. The car was extra long like a Transfer, but then again this may be a story, but here is the photo.
hinterland is offline   Reply With Quote