View Single Post
Old Nov 11th, 2021, 16:45   #37
T8 driver

Firstly I would like to thank the other users who have posted their experiences regarding the failure of the T8 ERAD--very helpful. I have recently had the same failure and have been treated rather worse by Volvo so I am posting this to warn others.

My T8 is 2018 and the ERAD failed at just over 33k miles and 40 months old. The car has always been serviced in accordance with the manufacturers guidance. Despite the failure being essentially due to a design fault (as I understand it), Volvo would only offer 50% of the c£2500 repair cost as "goodwill" which they grudgingly later increased to 70%--despite the mechanic who tested the car confirming this was a regular issue he was seeing and I should get it covered 100% (in line with what the other posters above have reported).

As this is the 3rd breakdown in 2 years I have experienced in this car all connected to the Hybrid system, I'd advise buyers to proceed with caution. The car is great when it works but I get the sense Volvo are cutting back on the support they are offering. If anyone reading this has had a better recent experience would be good to learn of it.

Last edited by T8 driver; Nov 11th, 2021 at 17:04.
T8 driver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to T8 driver For This Useful Post: