View Single Post
Old Jul 5th, 2021, 10:00   #6
Adamnw

Hi gatos,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Inclement weather and some unexpected work came my way. Anyway I took advantage of no rain last week and measured the values and get 0.55K and 2.45K (roughly). Which seems to ally with what you told me to expect.

I also mentioned the problem to someone in work who is in the transport section and he scanned the car with some amazing code reader (considerably more than a code reader but ....). Apparently, with the ignition on (therefore no mechanical movement to affect the wiring harness) and engine not running he was able to see there was a variance in voltages from from the two tracks fed from the accelerator position potentiometer as he depressed the accelerator.

Having hung upside down from the steering wheel (!) I can see the 8 pin connector but can't make out a part number. I suspect it will be a Mitsubishi part - do you have any idea?. It doesn't look easy to disassemble but with perseverance it should be possible. If you have any useful tips they'd be appreciated.

All the best.

Adam
Adamnw is offline   Reply With Quote