View Single Post
Old Jun 12th, 2021, 11:34   #17
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

I 'get' it completely. Old cars are supposed to be daft. There's nothing more dull than a one-make collection of 25 Lamborghini, RRs, Ferrari or whatever. What a waste... do you really want to talk to the bloke? Clearly he's got a fat wallet... with a distinct lack of imagination. 25 Porsche? the bloke should be shot.

A collection requires humour, a few dogs in there. A Trabant, an Allegro, an Isseta bubble-car. A Reliant Regal van (in yellow of course?)

An original Peeble P50 goes for a mad price and I can see why.

Not sure a Princess would be my first choice, yet it'd be in there somewhere, precisely because it's awful.

It's tosh, yet I lust for a Bedford HA van in British Rail livery. Mine was issued to me when I still had acne. Drive those things flat-out and you're still legal. Great fun. Try that with your Volvo, let be a Lambo, and we know how that ends.

James Hunt's favourite car was his Austin A35 Van... for the same reason.

Yup, an HA for me, "with a cabin finished with the finest rubber floor mats available to humanity. ..... those with taste for the decadent could specify a passenger seat - £7 10s "
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bedford HA.jpg (118.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jun 12th, 2021 at 12:39.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote