View Single Post
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 09:00   #4
Adamnw

Hi gatos,

Thanks for the reply (and the offer of a code read) - appreciated. I'm about 70 miles north of you and not sure the car would make it down there!

When I replaced the TPS it was by the side of the road as the car had died for the second time in about 2 miles. So the short answer is No I didn't meter the values. When I swapped it I thought there was a fair amount of play in the fitting - I will optimise the position to give me values close to your suggestions.

As for Magnets - how did they make it in to the equation?

The car doesn't idle badly - in fact hasn't exhibited rough idling as far as I am aware.

The problem seems to occur when I'm driving gently with accelerator up and down in response to country lane road conditions when the car will suddenly start to run rough, then revs drop to a maximum of about 1000 and the EWL light comes on. Pull to the side of the road, switch off for 10 seconds, restart the car and everything is good. When I am driving hard I haven't experienced the issue - so my work around is to accelerate hard, jump into neutral and coast. Not best practice I know. However it's the engine off reset that makes me think this is electronic rather than mechanical.

Will meter the TPS and get back to you.

All the best.

Adam
Adamnw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Adamnw For This Useful Post: