View Single Post
Old Jul 19th, 2022, 15:20   #8
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
That was either running very badly or was a 1.4 340 that was still running very badly. A 360 has nearly 120hp and weighs a tad over a ton, they're a very nippy car due to the torquey redblock so they're no slouch. I sold mine last year after 9 years of ownership and it was great fun to drive, especially with wider wheels and wider semi slick tyres as it made the handling insanely good! It went around corners better than a 36 year old car has any right to.

There are less than 1000 360's in the UK so they're already a rare classic car, the 340 is still plentyful although getting harder to find by the day, the drifters killed plenty of these off over the last ten years or so.

I think iirc at the time it stank of a bad accelerator linkage/cable, it felt like full throttle was half throttle and a bit sluggy off the line as well, it was a px and all they had to lend me for the day so I just made do, car looked like it had never been loved faded red, sun scorched cloth and just generally a not looked after example, think it might have been a 245 *(scrub that deffo not a 245)* but it was basically the same shape as the OP's superb example, I'm not well up on the Volvo history and numbering tbh, the P1800 only gets remembered as it was the Saint car and a really stand out example of it's era.

Last edited by SnineT; Jul 19th, 2022 at 15:24.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote