View Single Post
Old Jul 6th, 2016, 08:47   #21
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoom View Post
I test drove ( year ago) inscription on 20" and noticed the road noise to be as issue however decided to order an XC90 because I loved everything else. I went for the R design expecting for the road noise to be as much. I was surprised when I drive it and found the noise not as much as intrusive as in the inscription.
Don't get me wrong, road noise is still excessive but found it not as bad the test drive car. Now I don't know is this me getting used to it with biased biew or there's actual difference.
I am sure none of them have air suspensions.
I have not changed tyre pressures on mine as they are 260-270 on all fours.

Have anyone notice a difference between the two?

Bassoon
This is an interesting point basoom. As I stated at the top of the thread, my garages demonstrator which we had for about 80 miles last week is an R Design, with same wheel size, tyres and air suspension like ours. The sound levels were different, and a little more acceptable. I don't know what the difference is. The demonstrator had B&W which my car doesn't, and I wondered if this was the effect of some form of active noise cancellation.

Do you have B&W and know if the Inscription you test drove had it?

:wq