View Single Post
Old Dec 19th, 2019, 12:38   #19
AlainBrighton
A stranger from abroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
Congratulations on your purchase Alain and the car sounds great.

I’ve no idea on retrofitting xenon lights but sounds potentially complicated. Another cheaper option might be to upgrade the bulbs and/polish the headlight lenses.

I don’t have front parking sensors either and it annoys me. Why do I have massaging seats but no parking sensors?! I’ll be interested to hear if there’s a good/cheap/easy solution to this.

Gearbox oil change question is tricky. My firm instinct was to have mine changed but two trusted Volvo independents have cautioned against this, so who knows? High mileage not withstanding I think my XC90 has led a pretty easy life - no towing or drag racing - so maybe that’s a factor? Like I said, instinct said change, experts (who would make money off the oil change) said don’t. For now I haven’t touched it.

What side steps did you order?

I’m thinking Michelin Cross Climates for my next tyres.

You’ll pay a lot to keep that Volvo main dealer history intact. If I were you I’d find a good independent and use them instead. Anyone in the know will see their stamp as being just as good as a Volvo one and you’ll save hundreds of pounds, definitely offsetting any additional depreciation.

Do you have OneDrive? I link to my phone photos from OneDrive and you can choose the size to display.

Congratulations again on the car and hope it serves you and your family well.
Re the front parking sensors: just went to Dinnages in Worthing to have my batteries in both fobs replaced (£120 and out of curiosity asked what front parking sensors would cost .......they quoted me around £821 and a bit so guess I will have to ask a electrician or so to help out there ....is there anyone who know if the 2012 XC90 comes pre-wired for the front sensors ?

Side steps fitted, pictures soon to follow .......

Will keep you updated, traveling over to Netherlands tonight, will get some quotes from Volvo main dealers there for the front parking sensors.

Will also visit this outfit for Xenon:
retrofitlab.com
Apparently one can order a complete set specifically to replace the H7 halogen headlights for EUR 246 excluding installation.

Find me on Instagram as SussexChineseDutch
AlainBrighton is offline   Reply With Quote