View Single Post
Old Mar 30th, 2023, 15:08   #12
ukden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven322917 View Post
I have a 2023 model XC60 T8 Ultimate etc etc.
The ports exist in the centre armrest, and will play mp3s recorded on a usb stick/ - I actually use a USB- A and an adapter.

The caveat is that the on board system won't recognise a usb drive >32GB.

There is a workaround. Downboad the AudioWagon App to the car, and if you have a larger USB drive, (mine is 128Gb) format it as FAT32, the car won't recognise it, (you get an annoying box on the screen every time you start the car), BUT if you just press OK and continue, AudioWagon WILL play what's on the drive.
It take a minute or two to load initially as it has to recreate it's library every time, but after that you can search reasonably well on the drive.

Hope this helps
I (have to ) use Audiowagon also.

I also use a larger USB stick (64 Gb), I believe the persistent error message about there being an error on the usb occurs no matter what size USB stick you use. But you must use FAT 32.

You can set Audiowagon to not to create it's library every time. By default it will create a new library each use, but this can be changed in the Audiowagon settings. I have mine set to read the metadata manually, ie only when I tell it to, eg only after I have added new files to the memory stick. This way it plays immediately with no delay.

It works but should not be necessary. Volvo should have built a media player into the system.

Previously: MY2018 XC60 Momentum D4 Auto, Winter Pack, Volvo On Call, Rear camera, Electric deployable towbar, Tempa spare wheel.
ukden is offline   Reply With Quote