View Single Post
Old Mar 11th, 2021, 23:50   #30
YorkshireDave
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielpsmith View Post
I have had the same problem but left it longer than I should and it’s snapped a rocker and took out the top end look at my thread in the xc90 section and you can hear the engine. My advice don’t leave it.
Well Dan, I've joined your exclusive club and now need a new (non) chuffin engine!

After having to spend £380 having the two stuck injectors taken out, £60 on second hand replacements, over £400 on spares to do the lifters etc, the head was finally stripped down tonight to find one of the lifters had completely destroyed its seat, mangled its rocker arm and also trashed the exhaust camshaft... The very definition of a truly sh1te day

Only some of the missing bits which broke up have been found. God only knows where they are, so it's def not worth trying to rebuild it with my luck. To do so would be the very definition of stupid.

So, some 'Tub Boat sound' lessons for all D5 owners.
- If you get that sound, you are up for some serious spend.
- Get it done FAST.
- Ignore the well meaning but incorrect advice re leaving it.
- If you catch it soon enough it's recoverable, if you leave it it's a new engine...

Speaking of which. can anyone point me in the direction of a trustworthy source of said engines? Pretty please as my budget has become a shoe string

all cars everywhere are a perpetual work in progress...
YorkshireDave is offline   Reply With Quote