View Single Post
Old Jul 29th, 2021, 20:38   #21
360beast
Go redblock or go home

That's a very tidy looking 940!

As others have said the LPT on runs 3.5psi so you probably won't even feel anything from it, it has the same power as the 2.3 non turbo but a bit extra torque.

Check the linkage from the wastegate actuator that goes to a pin on the back of the turbo (the wastegate) is actually connected as the R clip that holds them can fall out or get broken etc, quite a common problem which means the arm falls off so it makes no boost at all.

Finding a HPT actuator will be quite hard where as a £15 manual boost controller is readily available. To set the psi accurately you need a boost gauge, don't go for a cheap one as they aren't accurate at all.

They also have a T cam which means they run out of puff about 4500rpm and sap all the fun out of having a turbo petrol! I've fitted an IPD turbo cam and 531 head to mine and it happily revs to over 6k while still pulling hard and I'm sure if I let it then it would easily rev to 7k!

Seeing as it is a recently rebuilt engine I'd just give it a proper service, clean out the PCV system and if you want more power then fit a manual boost controller and if you want a wider power band then fit one of the following camshafts: A H K V VX3 VX or IPD turbo.
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post: