View Single Post
Old Jul 17th, 2022, 10:33   #1
Spookyb329

Default Headlight level sensor assembled incorrectly?

Driving my wife's 2017 D2 R Design yesterday evening, I noticed the headlights started adjusting themselves...the first time over a crest at which point I was impressed they would attempt to level in that way (but seemed a bit exaggerated) but then it became clear they were fluctuating every few minutes and flicking up and down rapidly.

I checked what I assume is the level sensor in the drivers wheel arch and it appears to be fitted (or malfunctioned) in such a way that the cranked droplink is bound up against the sensor arm.

A few weeks ago we had new coil springs fitted by an independent Volvo garage, have they put the sensor back together incorrectly? I would try re-assembling it but would rather not risk damaging the sensor in case the garage have already done that. It seems fairly obvious (?) that the droplink should be fitted in in front of the sensor arm, not behind...or is the whole arm upside down?

We had two adults in the rear seat which may be why we hadn't had any problems until now.

Thanks for any assistance (tried Googling but could only find pictures of the item not mounted to the vehicle!)

Last edited by Spookyb329; Jul 17th, 2022 at 10:43. Reason: Edit humungous photo!
Spookyb329 is offline   Reply With Quote