View Single Post
Old Apr 26th, 2024, 12:41   #14
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
That is an obscure answer from Volvo and makes no sense (but no surprise), especially when you consider that Balance/Fader control had been available under Sensus for years and years, on all three audio levels:
  • High Performance Sound
  • Harman Kardon
  • Bowers and Wilkins

Balance/Fader is a standard default control that everyone expects to be there and should never have been removed by Volvo when they changed to AAOS.

It would be like Bosch launching a new fridge without an inside light bulb and saying “there is still insufficient demand to have one”!

Volvo apathy, incompetence or arrogance? Probably a bit of all 3.
It's an 'interesting' approach from Volvo; choose not to implement a feature unless or until there is 'sufficient demand'. To be a little bit fair to Volvo Balance/Fader controls aren't something used by everyone or probably even most people but I understand that it will be important to some.

The issue with influencing Volvo on this will be generating 'sufficient demand'. Many/most drivers simply won't care enough to do anything about it.

I used to think that the features lacking from AAOS cars was due to Volvo finding development for AAOS more difficult than expected. However three years in there has been ample time to resolve any 'it's difficult' issues.

I am beginning to think that it's apathy, with an eye on costs also an element.