View Single Post
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 16:01   #49
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoRob38 View Post
Ye I touched the leads together and got 0.05 ohms.

I'll get onto the oil filter asap, and I assume an oil change would be in order at the same time?
Is an oil change going to be difficult at home without safely raising the car? I had a corsa a few years ago before this c30 and it was easy to do an oil change/service because everything was accessible. Under this c30 there is a plastic cover under the engine that I imagine is going to be quitedifficult to release with the car on the ground. Unless I jack it up one side at a time.... living on the edge lol.

I cant get to the ECM/ECU until some new wheel nuts arrive before taking the wheel off to access it in the wheel arch, as I damaged the nuts on that wheel last time over tightening them. I'll come back to that next week.

Thanks
Rob
Alternative to the axle stands :

https://www.aimtools.co.uk/products/...0f4ba41f&_ss=r

They work well and don't skid like metal ones. Don't forget a new sump plug washer when changing the oil.

As for your leads, 0.05 Ohms seems low to me but if that's what they showed then your plugs are 0.15 and 0.45 Ohms, might pay to check they are all the same plugs and the correct ones for your car. A small mirror and a torch would help to read the part numbers and make sure they are the same, usually the last 3 digits only changes so be careful of just reading the first few digits and assuming they're the same. Some don't follow this pattern, particularly more recnt Bosch parts that often start "0986" regardless of product group.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote