View Single Post
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 21:29   #17
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Thanks all that have viewed and contributed.

I do believe that the car will handle considerably more power. Cars in general are detuned for world wide international markets providing garbage fuels, and to hit emissions targets among other things. Also - if the T4 was more powerful than a T5, who'd buy one unless you needed 4wd? I sold BMWs for a while and had these discussions many times - the M2 was a great example. The M240i was a far better car IMHO, almost as fast with a detuned engine so they could sell the M2.

However, as posted in another thread, after considering other map providers and the potential pitfalls, and doing some thinking about how I'll use the car over the next 23 months - A roads and dual carriageways - with 11 months of MD warranty initially, I'm gonna stick with Polestar, so it's booked in for 17th at my local dealer.

Cheers.
Good luck and let us know how it ends up feeling like, I think you're doing the right thing btw, the sort of Beemer you're on about was when they made really strong lumps anyway, today everything's engineered to be just good enough for a 10 year lifespan, there was an article many years ago where the companies were scouring scrapyards and buying their old models back so they could judge what had been over engineered and make cost savings in the to be launched later models, personally I wouldn't consider any Volvo 4 cyl engine to be able to constantly put up with near 300 bhp especially if driven to purpose, you'll find with most tune up's that break the 300 bhp limit they also replace cams, rods, cranks and heads to achieve the higher output reliably, like the saying went in the Mad Max film "speeds just a question of money, how fast do you wanna go?"
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote