View Single Post
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 07:46   #13
Dan1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnineT View Post
It's not like that Dan, I posted to make you aware that they will sell you any map and some exceed what the car is physically possible to achieve without prematurely destroying it, it's not only the engine, the gearbox will have a limit on how much torque it can handle, it's why VAG has so many revisions of the DSG, the manufacturers can tune a 1000cc putt putt to go like an F1 car but only for about 3 miles before it explodes, it's all in the gearing and how much fuel you can drive into the cylinders and of course the actual break point of gearbox component's, a friend of mine fitted a normal clutch in his Passat so save money on the DMF clutch that should've been there, 3 months later snapped crankshaft.
All I'm saying is I'm surprised that posts have only mentioned , my friend had a nightmare scenario, apart from one actual experience which I acknowledge. No post with a friend who's car was transformed positively other than polestar.

See this as a genuine surprised post, not a sarcastic one. I'm honestly at a loss....