View Single Post
Old Jul 29th, 2021, 21:26   #8
lixah
Master Member

looking further, seems like i was able to solve most issues.

the reason the downpipe was knocking against the subframe, was all the nuts between the downpipe/turbo were literally barely on, i undid most with my fingers.

Im not sure who installed it, but it was a terrible job, they'd cross threaded 2/3 of the mounting studs. VERY fortunately, i was able to cut off ~1cm of both, where they were damaged, and replace the nuts, and get it all put back together, as two mentioned before, yes, the lambda sensor is much further upstream, almost @ the turbo itself (i thought it was further down, dont know why)

so, i put it all back together, and when everything was nice and tight, there's no more knocking against anything. the downpipe is very tight and snug.

the only other concern is why did the car die on me on the way home, as someone suggested; i have today replaced the fuel filter, along with a full service compliment. however, i notice there's a buzzing noise coming from the rear nearside wheel of the car ( i will upload a video, not sure how well the audio will be)

is it worth considering replacing the (in tank? i assume) fuel pump?
I didnt get chance today, but i hope to also give the ignition system a good looking at, and cleaning if required.

regards, Matthew

lixah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lixah For This Useful Post: