View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2022, 13:00   #1
Casa1862

Default Recharge - Solid Red lights Granny Charger

I’ve got a 2020 S60 T8 and the charging has always been a little unreliable. I’m using the supplied granny charger and most of the time it’s fine, however last three nights I get the notification that charging has been interrupted, I go and check and the two red lights on the charger are solid on(not flashing). This sequence is not even mentioned in the manual, anyone have similar issues with a recharge model?
I don’t really want to spend £1000 on a dedicated charger as the Volvo only takes 3-4 hours fully to charge, I’ve got Octopus Go so fits the window perfectly. It’s currently plugged into a standard 13a socket and doesn’t feel hot, would it be worth getting a new 16a circuit put in and single socket solely for the charger?? Unless anyone has an idea to get a cheaper charging solution.

Not sure if related but when the battery is empty, the app shows full, never used to do this, however this does not always stop it charging, even with the red lights, I power recycle resumes charging again. Any help appreciated.
Casa1862 is offline   Reply With Quote