View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2022, 23:37   #12
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offgrid View Post
The seller thought it was a 2.8, but the engine looks as if John is correct. It's an inline 4.
According to the VIN the original engine was a B200E.
If it's definitely a 740 then there's no chance it ever had a V6 from the factory which rules out the B28/B280 engine.

If the seller was that unsure that "B230E" referred to a 2.3 and not a 2.8 there's a chance he fitted a B230E timing belt cover to a replacement B200E engine.

You could of course do the reverse and fit a B200E timing belt cover to your engine and plead ignorance and/or insanity about the true size of the engine (have you physically checked the block to see if it has "B230" on it? Right hand side i think) although if the block has "B200" on it then it is indeed a B200.

No good stirring up a hornets nest of insurance problems until you first check your facts and be sure it has a B230 in it.

Mind you, if that seller is that good at fitting timing covers to alien engines, i'd love to see him fit a timing belt cover to my B280E and i'd laugh even harder at him fitting a timing belt!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: