View Single Post
Old Aug 11th, 2023, 07:17   #9
Andy70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous One View Post
Which insurance company are you with Andy as I've just spoken to Direct Line and was told that they would decline to insure me if I got P* fitted to mine.
I'm with the RAC, I spoke to someone explained it was an upgrade direct from Volvo, they asked it is just a software upgrade with no hardware, and that was it not interested in anything else.

I later went on the live chat and asked again gave all the details including a link to the Polestar page. It had no affect, I did this so I could get a Pdf of the chat just incase any questions where asked I have proof I told them about it.

I have just under a week left to decide if I want to keep it. I'm pretty certain I will be doing, it's not life changing at all in Polestar mode at say 30 mph it definitely pulls harder than it did before. Because it's the PHEV the 0to 60 time is always crippled by the slight pause as the electric motor shifts from 2nd to 4th just before 60 so you can feel a drop in power, but either side of this it pulls hard.

I have a 350mile trip to see the inlaws on Saturday so will see what the fuel economy is like now.
Andy70 is offline   Reply With Quote