View Single Post
Old Jul 30th, 2021, 13:46   #157
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challo View Post
Right gents…grabbed a photo of the hose and it’s not the best. Obviously been over tightened previously, but as mentioned never leaked before.

I’ll get the quick repair done tomorrow and trim the hose accordingly and refit. I’ll also give that areas a degrease as well to make things clearer to spot leaks.

Hopefully that should pin point if it’s the hose or the water pump or something else.
What you could do Chris if you have a really sharp Stanley knife is to use the Jubilee clipe as a guide, cut round the hose (against the edge of the clip) on the good side, remove the Jubilee clip (in practice just loosen it and slide it up onto the good part of the hose) then slice in the direction of the hose towards the end/water pump.
Remove the piece of hose you've just cut off the end of the hose, push the good hose further on to the stub and tighten the Jubilee clip.

It looks like there's enough good hose on the water pump stub that it won't come off so you can cut the bad end off easily this way without removing the hose to do it but would pay to have a bucket/bowl just in case.

I can do a couple of drawings if it helps to explain.......

Just one drawing, should help explain what i mean.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........

Last edited by Laird Scooby; Jul 30th, 2021 at 14:03. Reason: Drawing
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: