View Single Post
Old Mar 11th, 2024, 19:24   #6
KevA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamBrown1 View Post
Yes you would be bleeding the clutch. The clutch shares the same reservoir as the brakes but is split internally. You would only need to touch the bleed valve on the tube coming from the front of the gearbox. What I would do is attach some clear hose so you can see what’s going on. With someone pressing the clutch you should get strong pulses of fluid down the line. If the pedal is still hard to press and no fluid comes from the bleeder you know it’s a hydraulic fault. It could still be the slave at fault but when they fail they normally leak all the fluid into the bell housing of the gearbox leaving you with no pedal at all.
Brilliant thank you so much, it’s definitely worth a try to see if it’s just hydraulic which I believe would be much less of a headache and wallet emptying!
I had the front bearings done recently at the garage, the brakes lines are split internally like you said but would any knocking around the lines when they were taking calipers off etc cause something further up into the clutch system? Discs are probably due a change soon too. Sorry it sounds like daft questions, I’m slowly trying to get more hands on with it, have been enjoying it except for this bit!

If it’s the pressure plate would that have more likely given some warning before this happened, cause there was no indication, noises or strange feeling before the event?

When I do get the chance to have a look and some tubing I’ll give this a try as soon as I can and report back.

Thanks again
Kev
KevA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KevA For This Useful Post: