View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 22:37   #16
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA View Post
Can I just say, people worry too much.

Maybe we've been conditioned that way, me included.

VW Group has made a squillion cars than run on 5W 30

It will be fine and dandy didmont.

It's not that cut n' dried I'm afraid, the VW engines both PD & CR needed the "right" oil, VAG outdid itself building complex engine that were in effect tighter than a nuns reproductive organ, the cam to follower was the best example where if the wrong oil was in there it simply wouldn't make it between the two components, I'm almost certain my Passat 2.0 PD turbo started overboosting and wailing @ 45k because I used Dexos II in it thinking at the time very much the same way as you are now,

Quite honesty the last time they made a great engine it had a 1900cc capacity, since then it's been very high oil consumption and bore washing issues, added to failing oil pump hex drives, injectors, dmf (had a small 1.0L loaner with 14k on the clock, flywheel rattling on idle) dsg mechatronic failure, dsg clutch pack warping in dry boxes dsg oil they couldn't decide on mineral or synth oil for the dry box, the list goes on and on, so if anyone wants a VW make it a Santana GX5 from 1985 or it's similar cousin the Audi 80 Sport with Audi rings on the doors **** yeah!
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote