View Single Post
Old Aug 10th, 2021, 11:20   #33
Beancounter27

Default Don’t settle without a fight!

My MY2020 mild hybrid XC90 had 5k miles when I bought it in February and I was soon disappointed with its rough engine. After another 1k miles I booked it into my local dealer (I had bought it elsewhere) and they couldn’t find a fault but agreed it sounded rough. To cut a long story short I was without my car for three months whilst they liaised with Volvo UK then Sweden to, eventually get a brand new engine and fuel injection system fitted. During this time I had a variety of loan cars, culminating in a brand new R-Line Pro delivered from Volvo UK for the last month.

I involved VUK customer relations at the outset and they weren’t very helpful until I got through to the Executive Office where my contact was exceptionally helpful and provided me with an additional two years’ warranty as compensation after I said I’d lost confidence in the car.

Thus far the car is faultless and I’ve just enjoyed an 875 mile drive to the French Alps. Fully laden, plus a bike rack, cruising at 85mph returned about 32mpg. With less load and at UK speeds a 450 mile return trip to London saw 45mpg.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beancounter27 For This Useful Post: