View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2021, 18:52   #16
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

I'm not brand loyal, any known brand does me. I've done oil-analysis three times, and do it not out of anorakdom, but because I was spending mad amounts on the stuff.
My personal 'buy-rule' makes fully synth. a must, thus my PCV stays unclogged - that may be that the car doing 500-900 miles a week, thus everything gets burnt-off anyway. I've done diddly-squat miles lately, so maybe that will change.

Whichever brand I use, the analysis reads much the same with the same conclusions. I suspect the metals are kept down by virtue of magnets banged-in wherever. I'm no lubrication expert, but at a molecular level I can't imagine surfaces are much different in any engine, cooking road-wagon or top-fuel dragster. Blackstone told me, much of it's hogwash. It'll be about getting lubrication to surfaces and keeping it there. And that's about engine design as much as oil.

Either way, without analysis with each post in this thread, I'm not sure where this thread can go. Analysis in my use shows not a lot of difference in brands, and even then, with the engine getting older, I'm still not comparing like-for like. Thus outside of a lab, how could I know?

That chart simply tells me the state of my oil; at this mileage; in my engine; in my use. It doesn't give too much away for anyone else.

Oh yeah, and I follow Blackstone's advice on filter and change every second.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; May 30th, 2021 at 19:08.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote