View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 18:29   #486
Daim
Brit in Germany

Actually been at this one for a little while now...

I wanted to replace the dial faces/gauge faces as the standard ones look a little boring. So, first went the VParts gauges. The fit is fine and it looks nice but they reflect too much. It also f**ks up the lighting around the edges... Not my cup of tea. So, I ordered some from a company in Poland, bit smaller (as the VParts ones are useable in all round dial setups but are mainly made for the V70/S80 made before the first facelift in 2010), same size as the original grey/bronze gauges. They were "okay" but I removed them as the center ring doesn't fit (material is too thick) and the lettering looked off.

In the end I refitted the orinal bronze/grey faces and looked for an R-Design cluster. Found one and thought I could get around taking it apart. Nope. Car wouldn't accept it. So I took it apart and replaced even more parts... In the end, my old gauge has now had 4 different looks in the last few weeks and the R-Design ones are just the best choice... Btw., don't use the VParts method of changing the dials... They come apart a lot easier!

Standard V70/S80/XC60/V60/S60 gauges as we all know them:

VParts faces installed:

They look nice at night but so dazzle a lot (hard to tell):

Top: Vparts, middle: Original, bottom: cheapos from Ebay

R-Design in the end and I like the look more:

2010 V70 (Type 135) D5 (D5244T10) Automatic (TF-80SC)
Daim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daim For This Useful Post: