Thread: D5 (D5244T to 2005) - Noisy tappets? Newbie help
View Single Post
Old Oct 24th, 2021, 21:21   #19
Pills74

Hi all, just an update. For weeks I've been farting around with the injectors. I've been moving them around and finally decided they were OK. I then purchased a leak back test kit and tested them. 2 were slower than the rest so I replaced one with a spare. Refitted them all with new clamps and washers and the car feels great. So one injector is not great but I can live with that for a bit. Anyway a nice little hack for getting the spring locking ring on the injector, open them up a small bit with a screwdrivers to get it over the end of the injector, get a cable tie to fit in the first groove cutting it so it touches and fits end to end in the groove and then put some electrical tape over it to keep it in. Get hold of some 3/4 inch copper tube (imperial tube)and slide it over the injector, tap the tube so it knocks the ring over the first groove. At this point the tape will have been pushed up the injector shaft with the ring, clean off the tape residual then carry on tapping the tube until the ring clip seats itself in the top groove, check it out making sure its all the way home and done, ready to refit👍 I only stuck myself once with the screwdriver in the thumb, but so worth it, what a different😊😊 hope this helps.
Pills74 is offline   Reply With Quote