Thread: Steering: - Scary XC60 Polestar
View Single Post
Old Dec 14th, 2022, 12:49   #20
domhart10
Volvo S40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble View Post
I have an XC60 with polestar Chip. The answer is don't floor it. Firm acceleration yes but it will go like stink if you floor it and you will have to hang on! The Polestar chip is something else! Brilliant.
I have just had it serviced and MOTd at Volvo Dealer's and don't have any of those problems. I'm quite sure the problem is purely excessive use of the throttle and nothing else. Try it on an empty stretch of road to get a proper feel of the car.
Yes definitely gradual acceleration is good control.

I have a XC60 T6 Polestar (329bhp) and floor it with no torque steer from stand still or overtaking.

I do also have a 2009 Volvo S40 T5 (410bhp) and I get a lot of torque steer understandably as its fwd.

I do also have an A45 over 400bhp and even that has 0 torque steer from stand still or over taking.

For me it still seems odd that the car from the factory has torque steer, maybe its running too much power to the front wheels and not the back? which is why its fighting, but an AWD from factory should be completely manageable with planted power, unless slippery surface's or as mention tires etc not up to the power of the car?

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote