View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 02:29   #4
C30D3SE

Cant thanks this forum enough. I solved for aircon problem finally !

I have a Volvo c30 d3 2011 model and the aircon just stopped working in March all of sudden.

These are the steps I performed:

1) Checked the clutch was working by jumping the relay.(aircon Worked although not super cool but did work)
2) check gas pressure (was zero since the gas was not going in with clutch not engaging. Jumped relay and regassed and then the system maintained 40 psi with no leaks.
3) checked Low pressure sensor by jumping the lead with a small wire or paper clip . (Aircon worked great and super cool but back to warm air when paper clip removed).
4) Finally replaced Low pressure sensor part no .31332642 cost £36 from Volvo parts -arrived next day after ordering (although Chinesium look alike for £20 on ebay for 2 weeks wait). You will need 17 mm open socket or a adjustble wrench to remove the old sensor , space is very limited so a slim and short wrench will go in and also remove the engine cover.
5) straight replacement , does not need system purged or regassed after or before, takes 5 mins if you have the right wrench.

Hope this helps !

Thanks !
C30D3SE is offline   Reply With Quote