View Single Post
Old Dec 15th, 2021, 12:31   #5
gloster_man
VOC Member

Great to see this article again ... I've got the magazine (somewhere) but haven't looked at it in ages. I'm sure it influenced me in buying both my 240 wagons, and my genuine enthusiasm for both models [I previously nearly bought a sound 1969 145 in BRG - with the 2-part stamped alumunium grille & opening rear windows], and ever since regretted not doing so as I think it went to the Scrappers soon after.

And after using it for over a dozen years as my solid daily driver, family transport, holidays, etc. (including many enquiries on here for lots of issues - thanks, guys) reluctantly SORNed my rust-free 240SE when it failed the test on several things two years ago, intending to do the work but never got it done. I have over this time ignored various offers to take it for Banger racing as wanted it to stay part of the ever-dwindling number of good runners, but would now contemplate these as some oik decided to set fire to it on 20/11/21 and burnt out the headlining & spare tyre but not the seats [deep blue stripe] as they were covered ... Offers Now Considered [I know this should be in 'Sales'].

Last edited by gloster_man; Dec 15th, 2021 at 13:09.
gloster_man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gloster_man For This Useful Post: