View Single Post
Old Sep 24th, 2021, 10:23   #4
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laputacake View Post
Oh sorry forgot to say. It's a 1990 SE model. I'm afraid im not sure if it's a facelift. Still quite new to Volvo's.

Thanks
This is going to sound really picky/pedantic and in a sense it is but are you sure it's a 1990? Ignore the registration date as that only tells you when it was first registered, not if it was sat in a dealers compound waiting to be registered.

For the year of manufacture and the exact Model Year, you'll have to consult the VIN number on the plate just above the left hand headlamp. Specifically you need the 10th character of the VIN number :

https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/vin_700.shtml

Model Year

J = 1988 K = 1989 L = 1990 M = 1991 N = 1992

The letter could be any of those except N because although "H" was a 1990 registration, that could have been on a 1991MY as Volvo Model Years run from July to June i believe so a late "H" reg could be a 91MY.

Conversely if it was sitting in the dealers compound for 18 months, it could even be an 88MY (built anytime from July 88 onwards) and if it's 1990 on a "G" reg, that situation would be even more possible.

Alternatively a photo of the front end would be helpful.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: